Our experience with virtual consultations means we are confident we can be just as effective working with you remotely as we can in person.
What can we offer remotely:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Exclusion of serious pathology
- Exercise prescription and rehabilitation planning
- Access to our exercise video software
- Comprehensive self-management strategies
- Guided exercise sessions
- Onward referral for appropriate imaging if needed
- Ergonomic workstation assessments
- Optimising running performance and guidance for new runners
Remote consultations will be of benefit if you:
- Have suffered pain or injury and need to know what it is
- Would like to be shown exercises or home-based strategies to reduce your pain and accelerate your recovery
- Need rehab or exercise progression
- Need exercise guidance or correction
- Need self treatment techniques
- Have discomfort or repetitive strain symptoms from working at home
HOW DOES IT WORK?
There are multiple platforms that can be used to carry out remote sessions such as Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp and FaceTime and we are happy to use these. However our preferred platform is WriteUpp as it is both secure and simple to use; it is as easy as clicking a link. All you need is a device with both an internet connection and camera, like a laptop, PC, tablet or even a mobile phone.
For a step by step guide click on the link below:
Writeupp Help Guide
The process is much the same as an in-person session. The most important part of any assessment is hearing your story; the history of your problem, your individual circumstance and personal situation. This is what provides the majority of the information to diagnose and plan your treatment. We will probably need to see you move in order to carry out functional testing and guide our interventions, all of which can be done virtually.
You will receive a thorough assessment and be provided with a range of advice, exercise prescription through the use of our exercise software program and support for self-treatment as needed, as well as ongoing support between sessions.
HOW LONG WILL MY APPOINTMENT LAST?
Initial Consultation- If this is your first appointment or to assess a new complaint please allow up to 60 minutes
Follow-up sessions- 30 minutes.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Initial Consultation cost £50
Follow-up sessions cost £40
WHAT DO I NEED?
A stable internet connection
A device with a camera (laptop, tablet or phone)
A small space so that we can see you move